View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
peaceandjoy

Default Thoughts on Labels

We've all heard it. LABEL YOUR QUILTS. I've put labels, with personal messages, on a few, but honestly, I usually don't. The recipients know I've made it, and that's all I really care about.

When I finished "Easy Street," I felt I needed to give credit to the quilter, and the designer, so on went a label. Pretty basic - but it made me feel silly. Probably goes hand in hand with my not really feeling comfortable showing my projects. Like who do I think I am, anyhow...

Well, this past weekend I went to a local quilt sale and included in current projects offered were several quilts that had been found in an attic. No idea who made them, when (other than guessing based on quilt style, i.e., crazy quilt, whole-cloth quilt, etc.) or why. And everyone was asking.

It made me realize that much as I don't really care about having that recognition now, it's possible that someday, there might be somebody looking at an old quilt - preferably raggedy from use - and wonder...

(I don't have the ability to blur out personal info, so used a snip of paper to cover that up. Techno challenged!)
Attached Thumbnails es-label.jpg