Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Reb View Post
Thinking yet again about your design, third rendition. This may look quite different if you quilt the grout or use narrow sashing. Does EQ do an overlay of the quilting?
I'm reasonably sure that EQ can do an overlay. All I can find is a block sized one, and not anything "freehand", but I'm 98% sure that's my deficiency at the moment, not that of the software. Baby steps. I finally figured out how the custom layout worked last night.

I'm going to try a little more tomorrow to see if I can figure out how to do the "grout". The sashing ended up highlighting the "block" and less of the design, if that makes any sense? A blue motif could be interesting here instead of the browns too.

It also looks a lot less busy if I take up some space with borders - I'm not too crazy about that "yellow", but I'm not positive which way I want to change it):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436654[/ATTACH]

I wonder if this one might be nicer as a lap quilt for now. I can save the blues and such for the bedroom to offset the wood. This one could offset the sage couches...

BTW: I was at my cousin's today. (She wore me right out!) Her Labyrinth pattern says about 12 yards. I'd say that EQ is accurate enough anyway. I also have 2 photos of a block she wants to figure out how to piece. I thought I'd see if EQ would help. It all helps me get to know the software so I can use it to plan.
Attached Thumbnails tumbled-marble-borders-colorway-1.jpg