View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
DBaila

Default You folks are great!

Thanks everyone- so much! And now I see what you mean about the attachment going on the bed of the machine- that's great (particularly since I see that I do indeed have those two screw holes!).

So, no worries about slant shank, low shank, high shank, etc...

Can't wait to try one of these! And Macybaby- I'm sure your husband is suffering as much as me in that case! It's a bear to get the binding on there, especially where the layers get even thicker (where straps are attached or the zipper from pockets, etc...). My 301 really powers through the layers though so now it's more an issue of maneuvering and keeping everything in position since pins are impossible right where they would be most useful!

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Like profannie says, this attachment attaches to the BED of the machine, not the foot. So you have to make sure you have screw holes in your bed (like where the seam guide would attach.)

My husband has been learning how to sew, and making gun and accessory cases - and he is also dealing with putting binding on layers and curves. This might be something that would be a good tool for him too.