Old 09-18-2013, 11:31 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

In our old house, I used a cardboard cutting mat and covered it with flannel and put it onto the wall, dublb. Also have used the wrong side of a flannel backed tablecloth from Wal Mart....when they go on sale for $1.50...cheap way of doing things.

I had to go to town this morning for more flats to finish canning the chicken and broth. Processing the 14 pints. Dh cut the chicken into small pieces and put them in the jars this morning.

Dh is pushing hard for me to 'arrange' the sewing room and teach him how to 'turn' on the new machine and already has his list going to by more feet for it. I picked up extra bobbins yesterday and a year's supply of thread, half light and half dark. (Saleslady smiled at the $$$ sale!)Gotta dig out the book for the 550 for DH to read. And got the nail polish today to mark each bobbin to a machine so they will not get mixed up by him or me.

Happy to be home; the knee hurts when I have to climb into the car, so I stop at fewer places and just do minimum at each store and still it takes forever to complete the journey. Will take dh to dentist tomorrow to have stitches removed, then I think I can have time to quilt...I hope. and get my MB into the mail soon.