Old 09-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Sheilz

Default Little picture blocks finally put together

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]436795[/ATTACH] I think I meant this to be a wall hanging but its a bit on the big side for that now. Since the whole project is an experiment without any pattern to follow I thought I'd just go a bit further and try my hand at prairie points. They're probably too big but thought it was best to have more rather than less fabric to fiddle with. I attached these to the band behind them before attaching to the centre panel. Probably the wrong thing to do but it worked for me - kind of - they're attached!! I'm in the process of making what I hope will turn out to be a handsome large quilt with an unbroken border so thought I'd do a practice on this one with similar. It wasn't as scary as I thought it might be but despite being as careful as possible attaching it the border looks like it has a bit of a flare too it. As I'm typing this Im thinking it might be caused by forgetting to square of the plain blue or perhaps because the blue band is a lighter batik fabric than the others in the top. Anyway I know I've done something wrong or not done something right but more than happy to be put right by some of you ladies (or gents) in the know. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg