Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 AM
yourstrulyquilts

Originally Posted by Guy
My wife is a crazy quilter. I am sure many on this forum know what I mean.

She is really great at it and has been doing it for many years.

She is ill, however, and I want to really surprise her at Christmas this year with a top of the line sewing machine for her quilting.

I just snuck into her quilting room - yes, she has an entire room devoted to quilting with a work table, sewing centre etc. From what I can tell (I can't find the specific model number on the machine, it just says Husqvarna
Viking) she currently has a Husqvarna Platitmun machine (the instructional manual that I found is for Plantimum 730, 750 and 770 models so it has to be one of these).

I would like to get something significantly better. I think she would also enjoy/like something with embroidering capabilites for shirts, jeans, blouses etc.

So, here is the big question. If you were my wife and currently owned a Husqvarna Viking Plantinum series quilting/sewing machine ... what would you like if you were upgrading?

Since we live in a small city with a Husqvarna store in it and given that she currently has a Husqvarna machine which she is familiar with ... I think (for my own sake) I better stick with another Husqvarna model.

So there you have it ladies. Please fire away at me and please give me your divine guidance. I know that buying a sewing machine is to women what buying a new car is to us guys ... so I know I am on thin ice here. Help me not to break through! If you can suggest specific model numbers that would be very helpful.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a very DH!! Get her a gift card with no limit on what it costs, and then go with her to the Viking shop. She already has a very good machine , and may like, or need, only some upgrades. What a Guy!! Did they clone you somewhere along the way? Ha ha Just kidding! Best to you both.

YTQ