Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
I'm in the last throws of my table topper - love the final product but wonder if I should take out all of the quilting and starting over......just not happy with the way it is laying. Should I wash it and press it good or undo? Want it to be perfect for Cheesehead.
Marti,
I say this from experience...I am the "Queen" of taking out my work...so much so that my dear hubby has told me he thinks I like to take things out more than making them...lol...
My "quilty sisters" tell me my work is fine, I am too hard on myself, and leave it alone! I know some of them are the same, and I think their work is lovely!
I am finally listening to the gals...I always say I am going to do fmq on these runners...then I do a little of it, hate it and take it out..revert back to 1/8" away straight outline quilting and hand quilting...Well, this time I did the outline on the straight parts, I then did fmq around the rest...is it perfect?? Nope...Is it even as "good" as I think it should be?? Nope...and it NEVER would be...so I left it, and showed it to hubby...he was really proud I didn't take it out...and I showed it to my mom...and she said it looked great ( Not a "typical" mom...she is awesome, but she and I have a deal that we tell each other the truth..good, bad, indifferent...so if she says it's great, then I believe she thinks so).
So, after my "novel" I say if you deep down were to see that runner and someone else had quilted it, would you think it was good? Or would you not? If it's the 1st, leave it...get it packaged...and send it on with the heartfelt work you put into it...
Take care,
Kif