View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Cecilia S.

Default Frister & Rossman Hand Crank

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436953[/ATTACH]
Hi Group!

I am the excited new owner of a Frister & Rossman Hand Crank machine. I just picked it up, and am visiting rellies st the moment, so I have done what I can thusfar with a rag, sewing machine oil, a screwdriver, and a toothbrush. It is -amazing- what a little sewing machine oil will do to a creaky old machine! She runs quite smoothly so far.

I will post proper photos once I have it home, but for now, I have two technical questions.

1) The wooden compartment to the right of the machine has goodies in it! I can see them through a small crack, but dangit, I cannot figure out how to get in there! It appears as though the wooden 'lid' on the accessories box should simply slide out, but it does not want to budge. I think it may just be old and warped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2) The presser foot will not raise. The photo here shows the inside mechanism, and as far as I can see, the set screw which is near the bottom of the presser foot shaft should be loosened, and that portion moved up an inch or so. Could someone confirm that this is correct? It seems so obvious, but I have a hard time imagining why it was ever set this way! Perhaps it was loose and slipped, who knows.

So, if anyone has any advice as to how far to raise that little piece of hardware which is preventing the presser foot from lifting, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I can trial and error it. But I thought I would first give you all the chance to chime in if I am about to do something moronic.

Thanks in advance. More photos to follow when things are in better order.

Cecilia
Attached Thumbnails fritz-sewing-macine.jpg