Old 09-19-2013, 03:22 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Sneak Peek of Loving Izabella's IH raffle quilt

Loving Izabella (April) made a fund raising quilt for IH. She posted it here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t197459.html

She asked me to quilt it for her. This one has been through quite the trials and tribulations on my rack! April said it is just like IH a real pain! LOL It took me a long time to come up with a motif. First time I loaded it the Minkee April gave me for backing was migrating through to the front! No amount of coaxing got it to behave. So off it came then frogging out the stitches I had put in. But it was a blessing in disguise because while waiting for April to give me new backing, I decided on different quilting motifs and I think this is going to be much prettier than my original design.

The second time it got loaded the timing belt on my machine broke! I had to send part of it back to ABM in Texas. Then I had to learn how to time my machine (numerous times!) so now I know how to time a LA. So through it all, April has been a sweetheart and a half with unending patience. I only have a little left to do so will probably post the finished quilt this weekend but in the mean time I wanted to offer up a sneak peek.

I used two layers of batting, Legacy 80/20 on the bottom and Hobbs Poly down on top. I used 3 colors of thread. The blue and green are Metro Embroidery thread and the white is glide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436961[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc04307.jpg   dsc04310.jpg   dsc04311.jpg   dsc04312.jpg