View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:07 PM
mpeters1200

The case probably came with my aunt's white/green FW. She and my mom traded. The FW itself was the only black thing my mother owned. She just hated black swore it sucked the life out of colors. My aunt no longer has the light colored FW, she replaced it with a tan one.

As far as her name, it's "Moms" I just can think of any other one. My mom's name was Olga and I just can't see me calling her that. "Moms" works. Her big sister, my 66 is Raquel after my mom's big sister. The Janome's name is Naomi which was another one of mom's sisters and if I can ever get my hands on a 15, that one would probably get the only sister left.

I would put new decals on it if I could ever find some that looked original. Mom sewed all my clothes, my brother's clothes and my sisters clothes until I was 10. My sister was 22 when mom stopped sewing and her wedding dress was the last thing that went through it. My brother was 5 when she stopped. Everything I owned except underwear and socks came out of that machine. She did all the bells and whistles and I looked like a page out of Montgomery Ward's catalog as that was where she got her ideas from. Never used a pattern if she could help it. Just eyeballed everything and based what she finally put together off of measurements and fittings. I'll never be that good, certainly don't want to be with clothes, but I'd love to piece my quilts on her.

Oh and some of the pictures look like there's rust, but there really isn't any. Just balled up old oil or grease or something. I thought machine oil was clear, but all the gunk is dirt colored.