Old 09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Suze9395

I really like the ThimblePad. They are small leather/suede adhesive discs. They are reusable, and work great as a thimble and also help with gripping needles for pulling. I also like the GripIt thingies. They are small rubbery adhesive discs. They are real thin so you can still feel what you are doing. These do not work as thimbles, but are rubbery enough that they really help with gripping needles for pulling.

I like the adhesive dots because I don't have to stop to pick something up each time. And they are just the right size to cover the spot you habitually use every time.

There are a couple products I would not recommend.
There are some that are a red plastic dot, they come in a metal tin. I feel these are too thick, I keep bumping them. the lady at the quilt shop said they were wonderful..
And
There are clearish plastic ovals that are supposed to be thimbles. I do not care for these either. They are larger that the other dots and stiffer so the edges stick up and snag my thread. And, the surface is smooth enough that the needle doesn't have anywhere to sit when you push. Can you say accident waiting to happen? These do not help in gripping a needle to pull.

Not connected to any of these products...other than the money I have spent on them.