Thread: Patriotic quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Baloonatic

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Very attractive, will be a good donation to Wounded Warriors. I'm curious about the project. When I look at the web site, I don't see any links for quilt donations, only cash. But there seem to be local Wounded Warrior organizations that make quilts. How does this differ from other groups that give to veterans, such as Quilts of Valor?
This is from my guild's web site:

"Quilts of Valor

These quilts go to veterans and wounded soldiers through a nation wide program. There are a number of specific requirements such as the quilts should be patriotic in theme and measure 55" to 65" wide by 72" to 90" long. For a full list of requirements, go to the Quilts of Valor Requirements page at the Quilts of Valor website."

My guild just donated several quilts to our local Veterans Admin this week, and have 6 more promised as soon as they are complete.
One of our guild members has organized the local SURF, surfing-veterans-therapy. Each veteran participating receives a quilt. She has a TWO-YEAR BACKLOG of donated quilts!!! If you are looking for wounded warriors or veterans to make quilts for, there are plenty of places that would love to help direct your efforts. Check with Veterans Admin, contact Walter Reed Hospital, and ask any quilt guilds in your area. It is such a worthy cause!