Old 09-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Thumbs up You can do it

If you buy from a dealer be sure they install and it is working well after delivery. I have been very happy with my dealer even though they are out of state. There is a definite learning curve. I feel after a year I am still learning. My machine, Innova 26 inch LS, came with three days free classes and a phone number to call any time for help. I quilt nearly daily and have done over 50 quilts in the last year. Pick a machine that is easy to handle and intuitive for you. It was very important to me to have a machine that is light to handle while quilting. Do not worry if you do not have a personal dude to help you. There are many ladies that do all that stuff themselves or with whatever help is available. It is a big investment but a long arm, if you are interested, is so nice. I have done many large quilts, 10ftx10ft, on my frame and I love having a long arm and being able to do those quilts. Remember throat opening and frame size will determine how large a quilt you will be able to quilt on it. It took me some time to realize I needed a 12 foot frame to do a Cal King quilt and a large opening 26 in. to do 12 in. blocks set on point without having to advance the quilt. I am just throwing that in there because I almost bought the wrong size machine.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 09-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.