Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default Questions on my "new" Singer Treadle machine

I finally bought a Singer treadle machine like my Mom had when I was a little girl (she sewed in the bathroom cause it was the only space available!) The table is in pretty good shape and the machine is "all there" except for maybe the cover plate over the bobbin and the thread spindle. The main belt is broken--it came with a leather one that was stapled together, but broken in another spot. It included two of the nifty fold-out wood boxes of accessories and bobbins (I think one is all that came with the machine and these 2 boxes duplicate most attachments/feet). It has a bobbin in the machine, which helps with knowing how to thread it. But I would love to find a manual/threading instructions--not that I think I'll use it a lot, but you never know when you'll lose electrical power! Mostly I bought for the nostalgia factor--and I am still under my limit of single digits in machine numbers! The # on it is G7803950 which I think means it's an early Model 15--any information/advice is appreciated.