Old 09-21-2013, 04:39 AM
oldsewnsew

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
My Excel spreadsheet is on my old PC and is the old version, 2003, of MS Office. The new PC only has the starter version of Excel which I do not like so I have not transferred the data to the new PC. Following are the column headings I use: Date Purchased, Make, Model, Type (treadle or electric, portable or cabinet), Serial Number, Date Mfg, Date Allotted (if Singer), Place Mfg, Bobbin/Shuttle Type, Manual (yes or no if I have original or copy), Needle Size, Attachments (yes or no if the machine came with them), Cost (what I paid), Source (where I purchased it), Location (where it is stored/hidden or located), Condition. I am currently updating the sewing machine condition using this chart. Much better than my old description of good, fair, poor.

http://www.ismacs.net/condition.html

A nice old wooden 3x5 index card box is nice. I fill out a card for each one as I bring it home, add info to it like Brand, Model, Serial# cost, what it needs, what I did, part #s and vendors, and notes. Eventually I plan to type up a more formal one on a typewriter, then laminate it and store it with the machine, for a future owner.