Thread: Quilt Show
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 AM
GrandmaPeggy

Listen to PaperPrincess. I do not carry a purse, so instead, I use one of the fanny packs. However, there are a lot of shop lifters and pick pockets at the shows, so I keep in in front. I take a light weight reusable shopping bag folded in a back pocket of my jeans, just in case I shop. I found a great one for a couple of dollars a few years ago at the office supply store near me. You will get tired of the plastic bag handles cutting into your arm and the longer handles on the reusable bag can fit on your shoulder, with the purchases fitting snuggly between your body and arm. I put a phone in my front pocket. Unfortunately, my body only lasts a few hours, so I make only one day of the show. Try not to go on Saturdays as the people are shoulder to shoulder. I prefer Fridays, as most folks are still at work. We see many foreign visitors at the Houston International Quilt Festival. Have fun. You will love seeing all the beautiful quilts. It is just like going to the Fine Arts Museum to me. That is the way I got hooked into quilting, although my grandmother was a quilter too.