View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 AM
nanna-up-north

I am also a little confused about the terms you are using but this is what I do:

1. Quilt together the top (the part I cut up all that fabric and sewed it back together in a nice pattern), the batting (the puffy stuff) and the backing (whatever I choose to be the reverse side of my quilt when finished.

2. I use my rulers and rotary cutter to cut the entire quilt along the edges, being careful to cut the corners square, the sides the same length, and the top and bottom the same length.

3. I use bias binding, self made..... 2 1/4" wide, sewn length to length, and folded and pressed so that it is now 1 1/8" wide and ...l.o.n.g....

4. I use a walking foot and stitch the raw edges of my binding to the cut edge of the quilt, folding at the corners and sewing the two ends together so it makes one continuous length all around the quilt. (There are tutorials about the exact instructions about stitching the binding on.... My explanation is very vague, I know.)

5. I fold the binding around the cut edge and hand stitch the folded edge to the back..... DONE!

We are all anxious to see your finished job. .... hope this helps.