Old 09-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Butterfli19

Default Does the inside of the quilt shop matter to you?

My usual ones (close by) are very neat, organized, books and leaflets in one spot, supplies in another, machines (if any) in another, classroom separate, and fabric by designer or color, type, weight, flannel, etc. One I checked out today, about 50 minutes away, was chaos. Stuff everywhere. Not much room to view hundreds, maybe thousands, of bolts of fabric, patterns everywhere, books everywhere. To make it worse some things had junk in front of them so you couldn't even get to what was behind them. Funny thing was, the place was packed with people. There was an HQ Sweet 16 mini demo going on which I watched, then went to browse the store and became as lost as I had been getting there. I found myself bordering on an anxiety attack and had to leave.

There were many bolts of really nice fabrics and the people were friendly enough (mostly) but I just couldn't handle the disorganization. I'm not an OC or neat freak or anything but it really threw me and I probably won't go back. Has this ever happened to you?

(so I took the long way home and stopped at JoAnn's and bought a little quilt book and some machine gloves. Now I feel better but still a little off. Weird.)