View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
gramquilter2

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
I have been looking and looking at EM for sometime now, but have to get to a dealer to see one in action. But my head is just swimming with all the options out there. Am looking for a machine that is the best bang for the buck. But also am looking at all the expense afterwards. Like the threads, my question and advice from all the ladies and gents, is what type of threads are you most happy with and give you the best look. I know there is a big difference in threads, and also do you need to buy the prewound bobbins, are they
special or something that I am missing. Hopefully will be getting a machine before snow flys. So excited just looking to see what is out there. I have a real good sewing machine that I am really happy with a Jamone 6500, so I am leaning towards just a EM.
I have a 2 Bernina's and had used mainly Isocord thread. Have recently discovered Floriani and love the sheen it puts on the embroidery designs. I also get quite a few of my designs from Embroidery Library.com, they are not expensive and sew out really nice. I do not use prewound bobbins.