Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 AM
sapdoggie

Having been a foster parent, an adoptive parent, and a birth parent, I have witnessed many sad and happy events. The children and the parents both have trials, memories and feelings . All have happy and sad moments.

Thank you cathyvv for loving this little girl. Prayers for her and all the other hurting children and parents. I can only imagine their losses.

We adopted two foster children and then were given a birth child when I was 40. Needless to say, we are a blended family.

As we fostered, we wanted to make the child feel safe, show them the world is not all mean and pray they understood the mess in their lives was not their fault.
For all who want to help, pray for guidance, peace and health for the children and the parents. May you be richly blessed by helping even if it just a smile and hug.

Our family gave each foster child a small blanket ( or pillowcase for the older ones ) and stuffed animal to take with them when they left- even if they were only with us over night. They needed to know it was something just for them. It was small enough to carry in their hands and hopefuly big enough to carry in their hearts.

Last edited by sapdoggie; 09-23-2013 at 06:16 AM.