View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 PM
marybrace

In my last post I told how the sweet young thing at the p.o. was going to charge $2.09 each for my candy shipment. Went back today and there she was (oh, dread) and another long time employee. We waited and waited while the seasoned employee helped untangle and redo the transaction the "new" one had done.....I was sweating it but luckily I got the seasoned employee and everything went smoothly and the candy shipped for 86 cents, My husband even said the seasoned one was really put out and was not wearing her usual smile......

Bottom line is that the September and October shipments have been sent....hope you enjoy

Tomorrow we leave for Colorado (our home state) to attend a wedding in Lyons CO...the place that was almost washed away by the floods.....no idea what is going on as no communication from the bride and groom, groom's mother did day the venue is impassible but the bride is sure everything will work itself out...oh, the innocence of babes. Don't think the highway dept. will have several roads and a bridge rebuilt within a week. At least we will visit with several family members.

Happy Birthday to all Sept and Oct. gals