View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Sheluma View Post
You're right, it is a tedious process. There is one exception, and that is if the copyright date is between 1950 and 1963. <snip>

I mis-spoke, it's not really a parts list but a chart of feet/attachments with part numbers, geared towards the consumer. You've probably seen it -- it's "Machine Sewing [something, something]", copyright 1948. It's Singer's form # 1876, published multiple times from the teens through the 60s, with slightly different titles.
Well I think what I'm going to do is make available what I have. The pdfs I have have all been digitized by someone else, with a couple of exceptions, and those have my name on them, so I can track the people who take them and try to sell them.

I don't think I've seen that chart, no, but I suppose I could look it up.

Originally Posted by Sheluma View Post
PS -- If you're not violating copyright, Google is not likely to remove it. One can report to Google that his rights have been violated, but not the rights of someone else. If the (previous) owner knows that their copyright has expired, they're not likely to make a false report. They would lose credibility because it's public information and not hard to verify. Google is on a mission to make non-copyrighted publications available to the public. QB is a different story.
If I have trouble with DB I will move the stuff to google. It seems to me that they're more likely to be friendly.

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Hey Tammi, there's this thing called postage I heard was really popular last century
When it costs me more than $12 to send 2 tubes of Singer lube to the province next door, I shudder to think of what it would cost to ship service manuals back and forth.

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Those PDF sellers on eBay really get to me, particularly when the PDF has been copied from someone like me, who gives it away.
Those ones make me crazy! I wish I could post a comment on every one of those auctions pointing to the original file they are selling.