View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Lori S

A few additional things to check.. look closely at the wash spray arm nozzels check to make sure those small openings that spray the water are not clogged with debris or scale build up. These arms typically come off easily by unscrewing. It seems like I have to take mine off about once a month or I get exactly what you describe. Another thing to check is when its loaded and the racks are pushed in spin the washer arms to make sure they are moving freely.
When you do get the "film" , most noticeable on glassware.. soak the glasses in hot water and strong solution of vinegar to remove. Sometimes if you use a heat function to sanitize , and this film is happening it will permanently etch the glasses. The film is most likely from not enough water being circulated( blocked nozzle or filter) to rinse the soap properly. Worst case is your pump that circulates and forces the water up thru the wash jets water is starting to go.
One other thing to check is the water softener... if the water is too soft ... the amount of soap you would typically use is way to much. This is unlikely but after checking the other items .. this would be on my list to test. Testing the hardness of your water is an easy test and most hardware stores sell them.

Last edited by Lori S; 09-23-2013 at 07:44 PM.