View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 AM
briarwoodpups

Default So happy to find you!! - Ohio

Hi there! I'm so delighted to find this board, you have no idea! I started quilting in 1991 and it completely consumed me. I made tops for years and even managed to finish a few here and there From about 1995 to 2000 I was part of an online group of quilters through MSN and, in that time, I experienced a huge amount of personal growth. The challenges, especially the round robins, made me think outside the box both creatively and with use of color. I loved them!!

But because it took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to actually finish/quilt a top, I was left with lots of UFOs when I took a break from quilting. Actually, a 14 year marriage ended and I took a break from a lot of things. I recently took a room and made it into a sewing room last year and the spark has been renewed!

It started with my dogs. I don't use the quilts I do have finished because they are always in bed with me. So I set out to make a quilt that I "didn't care about" so that I wouldn't be upset if something happened to it. So I grabbed large strips of fabric and made a large log cabin block. Hey, the faster it went together, the happier I was! Of course, I didn't intend that by the time I finished touching those scraps that I would be totally in love with it, anyway. But I remained true to my word and the dogs are allowed on it.

For now, I think I'm going to hang out in the UFO section. I think I might be able to live there, permanently! It's so nice to meet all of you!

jayne
aka briarwoodpups