View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Teena
Banned

Default New from Alabama

Hey to you all!
Found this site because I have just bought my first 221 and have a horrible jam. So went looking for internet answers. Anyways, let me introduce myself first, then I will beg for help! lol I'm almost 50 , 2 kids, empty nester (loving it) lol, been sewing pretty much ALL my life! Mother, grandmother big time quilters, me, meh, I know how (basics), have made a few, but don't know if I will ever match those two women! Love my old Singers, buy the ones I love, when I can afford them. My major wish list item, is a sewing shed, as I call it. We live on 20 acres, so I have plenty of room to build my very own sewing house. All I have left to do, is save up the money...LOL With one kid in college and the other at residential high school, we're a little tapped. BUT ONE DAY! If I say it loud, it's bound to come true, right? lol Also, I am a animal lover and have many furry and feathered things, and I help/volunteer/foster for my local humane society. Hmmm, what else...oh yeah, I belly dance So a lot of what I sew is costumes! Love making costumes of all sorts! Can I still hang out with you guys, if I don't quilt? I PLAN on making one, even have it cut out...does that count? lol And if I can ever get this 221 working, heck, I might even sew that puppy up!
So question, I posted on one of the threads here, where a woman had the same problem as me, but no one had really given her a answer. Is there a specific thread for trouble shooting, and fixing vintage machine problems? Any help will be great! And I hope y'all don't mind this non-quilter, hanging out with y'all! Heck, between this site and my best bud who DOES quilt all the time, I might totally convert!

Thanks for reading, y'all have a good day, now ya hear!
Teena