Thread: OCD quilting.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 AM
mom-6

Cute pattern!
Visually the picture looks balanced, just not mirror image. I've found it's easier to "see" the balance at a distance or in a picture than when right on top of it. It also helps to think of it as things on a see saw, will one side weight the other down.

I use this process with arranging blocks of different colors, imagining the darker ones as heavier and the pale ones as lighter. I also want them scattered fairly evenly all over the top. Yes, looking random, but still planned.

If you analyze that picture, you can see the planning and organization, you just have to go past the "not exactly alike".

If this remains too far outside your comfort zone, you don't have to do another one!

You can still be proud of yourself for giving it a try and determining that you really didn't care to go that direction.

For myself, I can enjoy many designs that I would most likely never attempt, but I still can appreciate the time and effort involved in creating it.

Some I might wish to someday be able to duplicate, others I have no desire to contemplate making. And still others I've tried one and not cared for the results and reworked it (or planned how to do so) to fit my sense of how it should be.

If you still don't care for this after you do the "final" layout, you can always redesign to fit your taste!