Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

I came home yesterday to find a fantastic package waiting for me to open from Knitette. I was so excited to see all the goodies. Best of all was her letter describing Aberdeen and all the interesting facts. She included two half-yard cuts of beautiful floral fabric (I know how precious that was to her) and a wonderful piece of cloth with Scottish themes. I have a friend from Scotland and will be making potholders for her and me with that piece -- too special to cut up and want to highlite each and every picture! She sent some shortbread cookies and a special "biscuit", all of which arrived in one piece. My husband, who has Scot lineage a couple generations back and has learning to play the bagpipes on his "bucket list", just loved the letter and the travel brochures. The thread and tweezers found an immediate home in my sewing basket. She also made a really cute owl hotpad, which I really love; and she included the pattern!!! Also note the little bag of safety pin markers. You have no idea how much I needed them. Paper stickers just don't stick. Great idea. Thank you again for a very special treat.
Attached Thumbnails 033.jpg