View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM
DogHouseMom

I put up some pickled green tomatoe's 2 weeks ago ... my first attempt. Pickled green tomatoe's were one of my favorite things when I was a kid, one of my aunts used to make them. I'm hoping mine are at least half as good as hers, if so ... I've got a lot more I can put up!!

We had a minor disaster in the tomato garden yesterday. Yesterday morning I noticed my dog's head was green (he's a white dog). I figured he was rolling in the grass. A little later my husband called me and said the dog's head was green and when he checked the garden the fence had been "compromised" and the dog ate ALL the ripe tomatoe's, and some of the red and orange bell peppers. Umm ... no he didn't. When I got home I checked the garden and found a critter foot print ... Raccoon I think from the print ... got into the garden and the dog must have chased him out (dog has access to the yard all night via dog door). Hopefully the raccoon got the scare of a life time and won't be coming back to our yard again.

As a precaution, I had to give the dog a "capstar" in case he picked up any flea's from said critter.