Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM
patricej
Administrator

i don't think anyone was suggesting the everyone disregard a local LQS as a source for their next machine purchase.

i believe many of us have made several comments in support of LQS and high-end dealers.

however, we are also mindful that most people simply cannot afford to buy their machines at an LQS or other high-end dealer. we must also be considerate of those who choose to not spend all their money on a high-end machine. they wisely choose to review their own priorities; recognize the difference between "want" and "need"; and they want to get the best machine they can for the amount they feel most comfortable spending.

we are simply offering them our best advice about how to shop as wisely as possible - no matter where they buy their next machine.

there are a mind-boggling number of brands and models out there priced with the majority in mind. it isn't easy to choose. we are trying to help others - based on our own experiences - select machines that will fit their budgets and particular needs as individual quilters.

as an aside, i'm pleased to hear that your LQS does not max out the price your your machines.