View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Blackberry

Default A Beautiful Original Hand Crank

I got picked this up today and I am so, so happy. I have been wanting an Original Singer Hand Crank for quite awhile. A member on this wonderful board, which I spend way too much time on, sent me the link because she knew I was looking for one and I can't thank her enough. I had check CL in the KC area Sat morning and nothing of interest was there, so we went to our grandson's soccer game in the south part of Kansas City. When I got home I saw the email and immediately called the gentleman half expecting to be told that it was no longer available. But it was still available so I told him I wanted to buy it. We arranged a meeting and now this beautiful Original Singer Hand Crank is in my possession. In chatting with him, he told me that he was stationed in England and had picked up the machine while he was there in late 1990. From the pictures, it doesn't appear to have been used very much as the decals show minimal usage. And the beautiful wooden case is to die for. It is just gorgeous. The serial #V1229655. I haven't had a chance to look it up but I think maybe it is a 28. Also I am not familiar with the logo pattern and was hoping someone on the board might know what the name of this decal is. Anyway, I am so, so excited that I just had to share.
Attached Thumbnails lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-case-1.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-fancy-face-plate-1.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-fancy-face-plate.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-logo-name.jpg  

lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-shuttle-bobbin.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-thread-tray.jpg   lauris-1909-original-hand-crank-singer-tray-case.jpg