View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM
quiltmommie

Default new from North Carolina

hi, so happy to find this site. i'm a stay at home wife and mommy, soap maker, new quilter and dog lover, fish lover, will all around animal lover. i have been a stay at home mom for 2 years and love it. i have been making soap for about 4 years. the old fashioned lye soap. i even make my own clothes washing soap. i enjoy doing things the old way of doing them as one of my uncles put it ( who also said i was a little to close to being amish) i took that as a compliment. i'm very plan. i don't even own makeup. we have 2 dogs 3 cats 3 chickens and are hoping to expand the chickens plus add ducks and rabbits. we also try to grow what we can. and i almost forgot the 3 fish tanks a 220g fresh water and a 65g and 40g salt water. we a little zoo around here. before i became a stay at home mommy i managed a aquarium store for 7 years. i have found that i love quilting, i had been wanting to try it for years and last year my husband got me a sewing machine for christmas. now i am planning the next quilt before i can finish the one i'm on. there is a contest in our house of who can get the table taken over first me with quilts or husband with his pictures and frames. well that is about all there is about me. thanks