View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Thanks, I can use all the prayers I can get, to keep my sanity as she tries my patience each day. Surgery is scheduled for the beginning of November pending the pre op approval.
My mom lives with dh and I, has since my dad passed in 2002. In 2004 she was diagnosed with lung cancer, had most of her right lung removed along with the tumor...then had 2 diff chemos. She sailed thru most of that, but ended up with an abscess in the scar area where lower 2 lobes of lung removed. Now is prone to pneumonia. Since 2003, She and I have had 4 diff hospital stays, 7-9 weeks each time. I say she and I as I stay 24/7 with her. Being in the medical field I know how things can be. I'm able to help her with everything but her IVs and meds. Nurses usually love us because I help her with her showers, change the beds (mine, too..lol), "make" her walk (when you don't feel great and hard to breathe, doing anything isn't too fun, but walking is best way to get that pneumonia out! I go into "therapy" mode for that, then go out in hallway for "daughter" mode to cry because I know she's having a rough time). People say, "Oh you're so sweet." I say, "Nope, I am just a gal, selfish in that I want to keep my mom around as long as I can. Also, when she's well she does the cooking!" We got a miracle, as she is coming up on 10 years cancer free!!
If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me.
Regards, K