View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 AM
kiffie2413

Thanks, Owl for your kind words. Ready to mail, eh?? You go ma'am!!

Cindy, wow! What are the odds?? I will keep you in my prayers...and Mom says the same. Each 6 mos. you are cancer free will be a victory...and then each year...it won't be long before you will be coming up on your 5th, then 10th anniversarys cancer free, too! Mom is on oxygen full time..didn't need it after coming home after the initial surgery, but when the abcess/infection set in, had to have it, and keep it since then. At first she was depressed about needing it all the time. We had a terrific Respiratory Therapist who told her that we are all "addicted to oxygen" so to speak...and he is so right. Just wording it that way changed Mom's way of looking at it. It's just part of our day, now. When we go to town I have my purse on one shoulder, her oxygen bag on my other...and away we go.
Let us know how surgery goes for your Mom, I know it's hard to want to get up and move about after surgery...but the anesthesia can do a number on the lungs, too (even for us non-smokers)..and the best way to clear it out and try and prevent pneumonia is walking. After my hysterectomy I was up the next day, and made sure I stood up straight, not hunched over "guarding my incision"...sure it hurt at 1st, but in the long run it was best.

Lynnnie,
ACK! But whatever makes the pain better is good. I have Lupus and Interstitial Cystitis, don't have the neuro stimulator implanted, but it has been suggested..just don't know if it will work for my type of IC...I use the external stimulator for now.

Regards,
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.