Thread: Sewng Cams ?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I forgot about there being a cam 0 - I have two sets 0-22, one for DH's 403 and one for my 401. I've got a bunch of extras and I'm waiting until I get my Rocketeer to decide what to keep - I"ll want a complete set for that machine too.

Like Sheluma posted - there are a lot of them on Ebay - though on that listing there area lot of repeats, as the sellers keep listing the same item at the same price as the listing expires. I've seen items that have been relisted for over two years - and still there. I guess some sellers aren't all that concerned with actually selling their items.

There are more, newer cams, however they don't work on the mechanical machines so I've not paid much attention to them. I do have cam 23 is anyone is interested.
I was lazy about that search. You can click on "sold" on the left-hand menu to get rid of the unsold and dupes. Sellers can automatically renew their listings, and there are no listing fees anymore on ebay for items under a certain amount. (Though final value fees have skyrocketed.) The funny thing is that I have bought items that have been up for so long that the seller can't find them! One time I got a refund and when the seller found the item a few weeks later she sent it to me gratis!

I think the newer cams are white and are called "flexi discs" or something like that. For the top hats, I guess 0 - 23 is all there is. I wish the basting disc worked on the 400/500! I would love to have a longer basting stitch. But not gonna buy a plastic machine to get it.