Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM
DustysMomma

More beautiful runners! I love Marti's round mat! I think I need one of those, as a hotpad! When we have company, I have to drag out the clangy, slippery, ugly metal trivets. What a beautiful alternative!

It's never been a question of if he would leave the area, but when. When he was looking at the military, it was mostly as an opportunity to get away from this area. Honestly, there's not much here. Where his dad lives, about 30 miles away, there's even less. The only thing either have going for them is that they're both about 100 miles from Atlanta. What makes me worry the most is that the boy he wants to move there with, he's never met in person. I want him to be independent, and I know it's part of being a parent to have to watch them leave home and fend for themselves, but I also want him to be smart about it. I also don't want him to give up on what he really wanted to do in life because he gave up on applying himself in school. He's got 3 more semesters to finish his associates degree, which will put him done Christmas 2014. Thankfully we went for low hanging fruit & the education in baby steps approach. If he'd just finish that, I know he can get a job somewhere in the field he's always wanted to work in, instead of settling for what gets him away from here the soonest.