Old 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
mirabelle

Happy Birthday NinaSue, hope you had a wonderful day.

There was talk of doing one block per week for the 50 Stars which will take us a whole year to complete. I am definitely NOT doing Dear Jane, I tell myself all the time "what were you thinking", but I am going to make Sylvia's Bridal Sampler so might tag along with the J Maniacs to stay on track.

Our Patchwork group have been asked by another group called Blankets of Love, to assist them with a project for the Ronald McDonald House. They have had a new extension built to accommodate families of sick children who have to have long term medical treatment. They require 25 quilts and bed runners for each room. The quilts are to measure 50 inches square and the bed runners 24 by 64 inches and must match so they can "dress" the room. Our group has taken on the challenge to make 10 sets. Yesterday I played around with my blue scraps and started cutting 3 1/2 inch squares. This is what I ended up with by the end of the day. The bed runner will be 3 blocks set on point and borders added to make it up to size, the quilt will be 16 blocks with a 1 inch border. Talk about being distracted. I will finish up the applique today and in between cutting sashing and borders for Once Upon a Time I can chain sew a few of these blocks.

But first I have to clean up my desks and set up my embroidery machine as I want to finish up a little quilt that has been sitting for too long.

I will be posting my October MB on Tuesday, just a little early but I will be without a car for a week. DD has my car and I have her car waiting for the panel beater to fix hers, this is happening on Monday and they will have her car for more than a week. It is DH's turn to car pool to work so he is borrowing DS's car and DS is taking DH's truck.. Gos that is confusing, talk about musical cars but I guess if I can't go anywhere I should get more sewing done right!!!
Attached Thumbnails dscf0586.jpg