View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Dina

Default Thinking way ahead about border(s)

Normally I put two borders on my quilts, but I recently made a small quilt that I only put one border on, and I liked it. (First picture)

I liked this small quilt enough that I am now making a larger quilt like it. I am wondering if I should add a small border inside the purple dotted fabric, maybe one of my lighter purple/lavender fabrics? (The second picture shows where I am now.) I have 25 more cats blocks to make yet, so I really am wondering early, but I thought I might gather opinions?

Should I stick to the one border idea I started with or think of a lighter inner border also.

(Picture 3)...My official quilt inspector/helper is asleep on the job and is no help at all!!

Thanks to any of you who can picture quilts on the design wall in your head. Me, I will have to wait until I have made all the blocks and sewn them together to play with borders for real. I will even have to go ahead and cut the borders and lay them there to see what I prefer.

But I am also an impatient person. So...which would you go for? One border or two??

Thanks for any input.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001495.jpg   s8001523.jpg   s8001527.jpg