Old 09-27-2013, 07:31 PM
carriem

Hello All

Happy Birthday QNS!! Hope you were able to just take it easy and enjoy the day!

Yes, I am planning to start a new thread for the 50 Stars in January and the plan is one block a week. There is a program you can download if you want to change the block size (http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage)

DJ is also on my list for next year. I haven't set a goal yet for a certain # of blocks each week/month yet. I have started printing out the patterns for pp'ing and cutting too.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon today. They did x-rays...no arthritis or bone spurs. After some strength testing in different directions the dr. is pretty sure the bicep tendon is rubbing the wrong way. I can't remember what he called it. He said an injection of cortisone might help with the inflammation, but isn't going to fix anything. I had a bad experience with an injection in my elbow in the past so won't get another one (it made my elbow pain worse for several weeks and then back to where it was, but never took the pain away).

Solution is surgery (a "simple surgery" according to dr with short recovery time), but not something we need to rush into. He wants me to give it 4-6 weeks to see how it is doing...seeing PT once a week between now and then. Looks like mid-November. He said I won't make anything worse by continuing to quilt so will do that as I can...trying not to over-do it.