View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:15 AM
carolaug

Default its ok to donate...

I love making quilts for my grown boys and their families. I am afraid I may be overwhelming them with quilts...though they never complain and say they love them all...I am thinking of telling them its ok to donate them if there are too many or...keep your favorites and donate the others...so I can make them more...; )

I hear many people get upset when seeing a quilt at goodwill. I see nothing wrong with it. I would rather give to goodwill and have a person pick the quilt for them...its double the donation....I donate to goodwill, they sell very cheap and the person who is buying it also donates a small amount and feels happy and good about their find/treasure.

so to my boys...go ahead and donate if you would like...but please wait a year or two... ; )

PS: They also got my first few quilts when I just learnt to sew and the first bindings...Yup...I should tell them to donate them they are not perfect by a long shot, I would rather them have one that is better done. I know they never will unless I tell them.

Last edited by carolaug; 09-28-2013 at 03:20 AM.