Old 09-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
I gave my beloved tan-coloured 201p to a friend the other day in an exercise to prove I can detach. So, on eBay on Friday night another tan 201P was set to go for $10. You would think I'd have learned by now now to do this but I bid $10.25 about 20 seconds before the end. 20 seconds to give the other guy a chance to outbid me. Well, I picked it up today and it seems I'd contacted the guy a couple of weeks ago and told him how to fix it (in the previous ad he said "doesn't work - runs at full speed when switched on"). He didn't fix it. I removed the capacitor, oiled it and it's absolutely like new. It's one of the aluminium machines made in Scotland after WW2.
We're all definitely spoiled for beautiful machines. These were very demanded in their day and now go for nothing. This appears to be *the* time to buy, or am I wrong and they'll actually all be worth nothing in the future?
That's gorgeous. How could you *not* get it. I believe that because these old machines will never be made again, that *someday* they will be worth more than they are now. It may be 100 yrs, or 200 yrs, but some day.

Last edited by Sheluma; 09-28-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: didn't mean to re-post the picture