View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Default Necchi 534FB - Happy Surprise

My sister and I were going to garage sales last Saturday. At one place there was only one thing setting out by the curb - a small desk/cabinet for a sewing machine - with a "FREE" sign on it.

We stopped. I opened it up and there was a machine in it. It looked like it had a few pin points of rust on the paint - tipped it up out of the cabinet - the guts were nice and shiny - the wheel turned (noisily) but it moved - the needle moved.

It is a "newer" Necchi - I just plugged it in today and it does work.

The happy surprise for me - what I thought were rust spots wiped off. The paint is in very good condition.

I've been checking it out on two layers of fairly heavy denim.

It has a decent stitch and everything seems to work. What's odd though - I didn't notice a needle position feature on this - and some of the older ones have that.

It is a noisy thing, though. I think I've heard quieter old John Deere tractors.

Sad thing though. No attachments and no instruction book. The lady said she had them "somewhere." I left my name and address with her - but forgot to get hers. It came with the basic presser foot - snap-on - and that was it.