Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM
carriem

GrannyQ--thanks for sharing your updates with us. I will continue to pray.

I spent the afternoon in the clubhouse. Didn't do much sewing...just a few stitches on my Janome Jem than I just got back from the cleaners. My friend from FL is borrowing it at our retreat in a couple weeks and I wanted to make sure all was good to go. Works great! I got my project bag unpacked from the trip and got pictures of several things...

Fabric I bought...multi-colored is from the same line as the fabric I got for my DJ quilt. Teal (more green than it looks in the picture)...I just liked it. Metallic floral for SYE. I got these at the same place where my sister picked the borders for a quilt our great-great grandmother made. It was hand pieced. We found a group of church ladies to hand quilt it, but then she decided it needed to be bigger so before having it bound I will add a couple borders, then they will quilt those and bind. My mom has 4 tops unfinished...there are 4 of us girls. I am going to quilt my own...when I have room to set up my quilting frame and keep it up in my new building.

Next picture was fabric I got for $3.00/yd! Both well known names, so good quality. They will go together, but I also got enough of the purple to go with some FQs I bought last year and haven't decided what I want to do with them yet...probably will end up as a quilt for oldest DD since they are "her" colors. I included a picture of those with the new addition for you to see too. Ggal might recognize since I got them at her shop.

I will post a picture of my finished FFC table runner on that thread and another finished runner on the UFO thread.
Attached Thumbnails 005-2-.jpg   008.jpg   006.jpg   023.jpg