View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Cecilia S.

Jennifer, I don't know much about Pfaffs, that is, not enough to advise you; so if it is in great shape and others say that you can do well with that one at that price, that is probably good advice. I liked the advice about not taking the cabinet - you are still transient, and a cabinet is a pain in the neck. And heck, if she will knock a bit off the price if you take the machine only, then that is great! If it was her machine for years and she can see that you will love it and use it well, then she will give you a fair deal; it is always nice to see a beloved item go to a worthy person. That will make her happy!

I realize that prices are different by region, but no matter how you slice it, $200 for that Singer is way too much. There are other Singers listed in your area for $75, cabinets and all. As great as those machines are, they are a dime a dozen, and you will simply never recoup that sort of cost.

The Pfaff, assuming that it is working well and that you are handy enough to do maintenance yourself, sounds as though it will be a better bet in the long run. Straight-stitchers will come along cheep-cheep or free, this I promise.

:-)

Best of luck! Do keep us posted.

(Also I looked on kijiji Prince George - there is a Kenmore $50, "bobbin thing jammed" which may be worth a look too? Apparently those older Kenmore can be quite fabulous. http://princegeorge.kijiji.ca/c-buy-...AdIdZ519647080