Old 09-28-2013, 07:09 PM
TerrimB

Default I must be a glutton for punishment... anyone else done this?

ok, so I started this quilt in '07, I've worked on several since and I almost thought I would have it done by this past March (it's for my sister and her hubby, her birthday is March) I realized I wasn't going to finish it so I showed it to her, she loves it (I think the colors are boring personally) but I was told cream and sage green for colors.

This is a king size quilt and I'm just determined to quilt it myself, I've never done a binding on a quilt so that makes me a bit nervous, And I wanted to hand quilt the stars.... just so everything really is done by me. I've never seen a picture of anyone else using the Carpenters star pattern except for a single block quilt... so am I the only insane person to do this? I'm sewing this on my main machine which is a basic 1969 Kenmore that belonged to my grandmother...

I guess my other question is, to anyone who quilts things for others. If some of the quilting is started, it's not really great, but there, would you consider finishing the job? I live in No. Virginia and I guess I'm wanting this done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]438640[/ATTACH] hmmm not sure how to resize this. it's awful small. in actuality it's at least 108" square each block approx 32"
Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails r-quilt-sandwich-2-26-12.jpg