Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by TerrimB View Post
Thanks for the compliments ladies! I guess it's not bad, It's just not my preferred choice of colors. I tend to work in brighter / bolder colors and patterns. I added the brown paisley to help with the IMO blah color palate. I will use that for the binding too.
I think it is very pretty and I think having someone quilt it for you is not cheating. You did everything, but the quilting - no biggy. I did do part of a quilt on an embroidery machine and decided if I ever really wanted it finished I needed to send it out. Remember long armers need lots of overlap on all ends - it needs to get attached to the leaders. I did send out a partially finished quilt and almost had heart failure when she charged me what she did. She asked for a $35 deposit and I thought she wouldn't charge me more than $100. I had embroidered a quilt design in the middle of each block - she did some stitch in the ditch to fill in, and she did the border. Sticker shock - $300+ she charged me - OMG So just send it out and leave lots of fabric 4-5 inches all edges - you'll be happy. You say you've not done a binding. Go to youtube and look up some techniques - very helpful. One of the best tips I ever got was Not to iron the binding in half. Just folding is easier.
Good luck