View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 AM
michelleoc

Default quilters are the nicest people!

I went to Rosie's the other day (ginormous quilt store in San Diego) to find fabric for a quilt for my bed (suddenly a need since we decided to get new drapes with didn't match anything, then we had to paint because of it, now the bedding doesn't match). My method is to wander around, grabbing fabrics and making a big pile, walking away and sneaking up on it to see if I really like it. While I was doing this a woman asked if I was going to be using all of the fabric on the top of the pile and could she take some. She showed me what she was going to be working on, I showed her what I was hoping to make. Long story short, we spent a lot of time chatting and she had some wonderful ideas for my project and was that needed second set of eyes. She was like The Lone Ranger - riding in to help, making my day and then me asking "Who was that masked woman?"(or did they ask that about Zorro? - Anyway, you get my point!) There is someone out there that can't imagine how much I enjoyed our brief quilt-talk time together.