View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 AM
debbiemarie

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
No - and as far as I'm aware, they have no plans to introduce it. I have however, tried the BSR on the Bernina and actually preferred to FMQ without it. I fund it very sluggish and 'draggy'. Apparently a lot of people who have it, don't use it.

I didn't fall in love with my Pfaff (Quilt Expression 4) when I first got it. Couldn't get it to FMQ - I could FMQ in metallic thread on my Janome. I returned it to the dealer a few weeks after purchase and after two months I got it back. Luckily, I asked the dealer to try it before I took it home - didn't work and Pfaff replaced it with a new machine.

I've had it for a few months now and have grown to like it. I absolutely love the auto-pivot (where the presser foot lifts itself a little when you stop) as I do a lot of appliqué and the IDT is better than a walking foot - more 'agility' if you know what I mean? The QE4 has been replaced with the QE 4.2 now and the new portable - the Passport - has had very good reviews here.

I found a Pfaff 2046 locally for sale by owner (her grandmother's) I really need some help in the FMQ department, I would really like to know how the fabric mover or generic works and if it liked by quilter? I am sold on the IDS on the PFaff, I have an old singer and my FMQ is a disaster even after months of practice. I have wasted so much fabric!!!

Happy sewing.
I found a Pfaff 2046 locally for sale by owner (her grandmother's) I really need some help in the FMQ department, I would really like to know how the fabric mover or generic works and if it liked by quilter? I am sold on the IDS on the PFaff, I have an old singer and my FMQ is a disaster even after months of practice. I have wasted so much fabric!!!