Old 09-29-2013, 01:05 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Yes, OK, I have some one inch and some two and half inch strips in my sewing room; also some four and five inch blocks as I recall.

Yes, QuiltE, bf is planning on being here on Oct 31st, and staying at least three days; and for her husband to come too cause we have a 'project' for them to do: building canning storage shelves in the garage. That will keep both of them out of our hair! But she doesn't have her back patio wooden deck built after three years, so it may or may not occur. They took a walnut tree down this morning; it was full of worms inside the tree and the tree was mostly dead.

Bf is not too healthy herself, so will see what happens. No, dh does not know how to care for anyone other than himself. And he wants waited on all the time.... It was his idea to can the apples this weekend. I did 28 pints (dh peeled them with his gadget), baked a cake and made four loaves of bread on Thursday. Yesterday, canned 14 quarts of apples (dh peeled them and sliced them with his gadget) and made an apple pie. We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch yesterday, and semi home made noodles and chicken (canned chicken and broth) at lunch today. Leftovers were sent home with best friend and her husband. Including cake, pie, two loaves of bread, dozen duck eggs. She hates to cook, but does walk on water when her dh asks her to do so...he pitched in a lot this weekend, carrying things to the table, and washing dishes. Now, I might get to elevate my knee the rest of the day.