Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

You have 'choices' to make, JanRN: either let them 'repair'/replace or say "Money back, please". How do you really feel about the business you are dealing with, can you trust them, or do more research and go for a different quilting machine....lots out there.

My first sewing machine was a Kenmore from Sears; I struggled from day one with that machine, it would not work right. We had moved in a locating where the Lee Sewing plant sewing machine repair guy lived next door...he chiseled out the bobbin area and it worked better but not perfect, so next trip to Sears and trying their repair guy who broke the needle and returned it to me, they got their machine back. Never have bought another, although other people love their Kenmore Sewing Machines.

I love Bernina and bought a new one this summer, but hearing horrid stories about the 830 Bernina, more expensive than the one I bought. Apparently, its not performing well at all. So its personal choice, Brand names do not guarantee much anymore.