Old 09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
carriem

Mirabelle--great progress on the princess quilt.

Jeanie--your SYE blocks are looking good. I think alternating some light green and some dark green in the outer "leaves" would look nice....

Jan--so sorry you are sick AND having to work too!! I don't have any input on the S16 other than sympathies that it has been giving you trouble!

I got a call from a lady a couple miles away that we get asparagus from when it is in season. She apparently has an abundance of apples and peaches and thought of us. They are all picked and she doesn't want anything for them! So...tonight I have been busy trying to get a binding on this last table runner I had quilted so I can take it to her in the morning. It was one I made several years ago and didn't have any plans for...just trying to finish UFOs.

Then I will be trying to figure out what to do with apples and peaches...probably cutting them up and freezing them...for any one who freezes fresh fruit, do I need to do anything to it first? The apples will probably be for pies and peaches used in smoothies.

My MIL makes the best apple pies so I will save her some apples for baking one while I am at work Wednesday...she likes it when I ask her.